Friday, December 18, 2009

Give and Take.

[This story is also published in Authspot ]

[a story from India, dedicated to all the teachers and students in the world...]

It was my friend who told me about Raghavan master that, he is one of the greatest teachers he has ever met, and that he would be a good choice for me too.

“Why should I go searching for a teacher? I simply get them in my school.”–I said.

“If you want to be guided, you should search for your guide. It is your duty and necessity, you will understand it, my friend.”–He said, with peace in his words.

“But how can we realise that someone is the best teacher or guide? How can we find them?”–I was curious this time.

He narrated me his own experience, how he had found his teacher.

“It was I who searched for my teacher, but it was my teacher, as I now realise benefited by me.”

Seeing me rather interested in his deep philosophy, he smiled and continued. (And I like him for that, he gets me quickly).

He continued: “When I met Raghavan master, he asked me, what I wanted. I said-’I want to know about life.’ To this, he replied–’But

I don’t know what life is. Then how can I teach you about life?

I said : ‘That shows you know a great deal about life, for life is undefinable and is like an unanswerable question. You are the right person to teach me.”– I had understood that he had the abundent wealth of knowledge with him. And he took me in.”

My friend stopped talking and looked at me on my lips, which had already started moving uncontrollably.

I only said–”I understood”.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting!