Saturday, August 22, 2009

Swine Flu.

Dear readers, I am attempting a poem on Swine Flu this time. While writing this poem, I had one thing in my mind to share with you: hope. The disease has brought home great many troubles and hopelessness as a necessary repercussion. I wanted to make a change to this thought and to give a little comfort for the suffering lot. My poem ends with an affirmation of hope, which may seem unusual for some readers.I believe if you can conceive something, there are possibilities for that thing to happen in real. Let me remind you one more thing, the most usual things in the world, take place in a way that is mostly unusual!

Swine Flu:

..........................

While the rain harvests

the blossoms from the wild weeds,

and the retreat of the sun

behind the cloud veil becomes complete,

the invisible organisms intrude

into the skin and scions of human kind.

It is the shadow wall of protection

that had got undone.

The folks wanted to play gambler,

to test their luck to abate

the misery and pain a little.

Many parted from the families

of ever blooming flowers and smiling stars.

The unseen presence-

named, as hope and faith,

masked as flowers and stars,

had bloomed and shined

somewhere near the graves.

Drops parted form the rain,

and rays parted from the sun.

No earth existed, where any-

hiding place can be found.

None excluded from death.

The drops died, the rays died,

the stars died, also the flowers.

When The Writer's Dove, but spread its wings,

and one tempted man craved for water,

end became the beginning,

and death became life.

And the separation of the souls

became an endless, eternal union.

The fever subsided and the world lived again.

3 comments:

Anya said...

You can write wonderful poems :))
My compliments !!

Terri said...

Another beautiful poem Anu...I also like that you wrote as the author of this poem your intent...
Sometimes we the readers are left wondering by many writters what moved them or what were they trying to say.
Some times that's good...but I have to say I like knowing what the ispiration is/was.
Agape,
Tia

Anu Lal said...

Thank you so much for your comments.