Friday, June 28, 2013

Wall of Colours in Kindle

Teaser: Back-cover preview of the paperback.
Cover release will be on 1 July 2013
June 25th was a Tuesday and I was required to visit the college I work at, in order to attend a meeting there. My classes only began on 26th. I teach English, and English classes are required only for the first year students. The college was dedicated to applied sciences; therefore, there is no English major course at the college.  

I still remembered from the previous day’s call from the college that the meeting started at 3 pm. I was required to reach there only at two in the afternoon. That was quite relaxing, since I always had a peculiar distaste towards the hurly-burly for being late. I woke up at eight in the morning, took a long time for morning chores, and sat down in front of my computer. (My home computer, which everyone in my house uses, I mean. I do not own one personally, yet).  

The paperback printing of my book had already begun and Amazon had asked me to upload a file for its kindle version. I was happy. After three minutes, the Kindle Direct Publishing site showed that it might take a few more minutes for the conversion of the Word document into e-book format. I waited. A button turned and turned at the left side of the box, in which the above-mentioned message was showing.

Upload and conversion were successfully completed.

The next sign was telling me below the upload box that I can now see the preview. I could either use the online previewer in ‘Kindle Fire’ format, or download a brand new previewer into my computer. I already had a ‘Kindle for PC’ application in my computer. Therefore, I chose another link, which said, ‘download a preview’.

The Button turned, a blue book-like image blinked with a ‘.mobi’ extension, close to the bottom of the screen. I placed the cursor of the mouse on the blue book image and clicked the right button. From the list that popped up, I chose ‘Open.’ Another button went round and round above the cursor of the mouse. I waited to see it stop. Before the next three minutes, the boy, reading a book under a dark tree, appeared. It opened, and there it is.     

It looked fine; a bright patch of colour, among all the other e-books—Treasure Island, Pride and Prejudice, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, and Wall of Colours!

God! My book was right there, in front of my eyes, just a double click away from opening.

Some people who have come across this page and confronted with this post might know the journey I had, the risks I took and the wonders it all opened to me. Those are people, who have been following my creative life, on and off line. I thank all of them.

For the new visitor, my word is this: hang on; you are about to experience a ride of tales of the wonderful, and the mundane.

Wall of Colours will be yours, on 1 July 2013.

I went to the meeting at the college that day, but I was not the same wannabe writer anymore. Something had changed, and the image of my book preview, in the kindle reader remained in my eyes.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEST WISHES !!! MAY GOD BLESS

Anonymous said...


Google Adsenes Approval For Rs.300 Only (For blogspot alone) Make ur Blogspot a money making website... Its limited time offer

Google adsense terms have been strict for india for the last few years.So,it may be difficult to get adsense account in india for you,it takes 6 moths or later,....
But don’t worry we will get you adsense approval within 6 Hours

You can pay after I show you your new gmail adsense account screenshot. You can then link your account with blogger

If you need adsense for your blogspot mail me : gillysachin@gmail.com

Terri said...

Congratulations Me Ho! We are beyond thrilled for you!! A bucket could not hold all the tears of happiness.

Anu Lal said...

Thank you Tia Terry! I know exactly what you talk about, and I also know that you must have felt a serious lack of words to explain what you feel. I felt it that way, when I first saw my book! WOW! Thank you much Tia! (I knew you would come for me, at this great moment. Thank you...thank you...) Hugs!