Monday, January 2, 2023

The God Impact



The God Impact is the gratitude I feel in my heart for the passage that I was granted to cross the tumultuous waters of the past year. The year was tough, in every sense. As the past year dawned, emotions were overflowing, dangers were rising head high, and enemies had already sharpened their weapons and were ready to pounce on my family and me. As the year matured, the ground slipped from under our feet. 


We looked for help everywhere, and no one helped us. Relatives joined the enemies, and with friends, I had already kept a distance for fear of losing them all forever. In the absence of any human support, I realised that God became Man two thousand years ago and that I had chosen to walk his Way, the Way. 


God had taken human birth and had gone through every trial and tribulation that man would go through in life. So looking at Him, His cross, I found that I have only one refuge and that is the cross of Christ. So, I held on to it while the storms raged around me. There were moments when I thought even my faith would be lost forever. I remember moments when I prayed desperately, “Lord, please don’t let my faith die.”


God works miracles in ways that we cannot expect or predict. The sea of darkness in front of me parted ways as the year came to a close, and I was granted passage. When I stepped on the sandy shore of the new year with my family, I thanked God for the hope that still gleamed in the bottom of my heart. Still, after facing all these turmoils, where there seemed no hope for life, I hoped for a better tomorrow.  


I could muster the courage to hope. There seemed a way out of the predicament I had found myself in. There was a ray of hope at the other end of the tunnel. Therefore, I would like to name the previous year, The God Impact. 


No comments: