Friday, March 16, 2012

Sachin Tendulkar 100th Century

Image Courtesy: Google
16th March, 2012 is special not just for my personal life, but also for those who love cricket. The reason is there on air in every television channel, and radio, with a sensible number of public awaiting their sports section, blaring—Sachin hits 100 runs once again; but this is not the news; the news is, this is the 100th time Sachin has done it.

For me, this day is special too, especially in my personal and professional life. After one week of silence, today I decided to write.

After thejunk story I wrote for my previous post, I took an off from my writing, almost entirely. No poems, non-fiction, nothing, which otherwise would have happened as a filling in, in the process of not writing fiction. Fortunately, such a block is not conscious. The unconscious mechanism of mind puts its curb whenever it is needed. I guess I needed one, well, after writing the previous story anyone can understand why.

Image Courtesy: Google
Such was the impact of writing a bad story. When I found signs indicating that God is calling me back to writing, I decided to do what the only choice of any human being confronted with a sign would be—to follow it.

This moment was before I came to know about Sachin’s momentous achievement.

I reached home. Had my shower and switched on the telly. There was a boring song sequence from a recent Malayalam movie going on in one channel. In another, there was a discussion on the recent Piravam elections. I flipped the channel and this loud, thunderous roar blasted through the speakers. It was a sports channel and there was an insane celebration going on.

Sachin…Sachin…Sachin…

[To be continued]

4 comments:

Writing Buddha said...

Hahaha.. dont leave writing like this. :-)

Anu Lal said...

Thanks friend! I won't!

DEBAJYOTI said...

waiting for part 2. it was nicely written so i dont think ur previous post can be bad. will go through that as well :D

Anu Lal said...

Thank you friends!