Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rain i-poems


Summer is the season here in my place. And it had been raining for the past three days, especially in the evenings. Even now the sky is dark, as if it still holds the blessing of drops; cool, and comforting in the shimmering sun of the summer and the hot weather. This humble man with the destiny of a poet here jots down with all his naïve understanding, nature and human mind: Rain i-poems.

I
I counted the drops,
One, two, three and-
Gasped at the eternal rain.
And then I counted back three, two, and one.
And the rain smiled at me,
In my transformation,
Into a child. 

4 comments:

Red Handed said...

Hey!!! That was Beautiful!!!!

Terri said...

Heart warming, Me Ho..I look forward to this series of I poems!!!!

Anu Lal said...

Thank you Red.
Thank you Tia. There is lot to come.

Annie said...

This is so beautiful, thank you ... i transformed into a child today with rain too :o)